Family

Family

Vacation Please?

7:52 AM Posted In , Edit This 4 Comments »
I really need a vacation right now. Where should I go? I would like to go somewhere far away but I can’t afford to do that. I am saving every penny I can for a down payment on a house (which by the way I think we might have found). So that leaves a small vacation. A small vacation could be nice too. Phil and I were thinking Duluth again. We have only been there once and it was a couple years ago during the fall. It would be nice to go there again but I would also like to go somewhere else. Does anyone have any ideas about a nice little vacation spot that isn’t too far away? We probably want to keep the drive less than 4 hours.

Did I mention that I think Phil and I found our house?! I went and looked at it with my friend Lynsie a couple weeks ago and loved it. I brought Phil to look at it last night and he surprised me by liking it too! We have quite a lot to talk about before we get it inspected and buy the house (if that’s what we want to do) but so far so good. Phil was worried that it wouldn’t have high speed internet from Baldwin-Telecom but I called and they said they did carry it out there. Yay! They just don’t carry cable TV, which is fine by me. If it didn’t have high speed internet from B-Telecom then we would end up paying $150ish for satellite or dish or whatever it is. No thanks! So that was a huge plus for Phil. So sometime over the next few days we will sit down and talk about it. I’m trying not to get too excited about it because I don’t want to give my hopes up but I can actually see myself living there. There are 5 beautiful acres, completely private with trees surrounding the entire property. It is a huge house. I think there are 5 bedrooms, there are 3 bathrooms, a huge living room, a huge basement, a huge deck, a cute sunroom, a huge pole barn and a two door garage. There is work that needs to be done but they are all pretty small projects with the exception of the kitchen (which is workable as-is). Phil would like to look at more houses to be sure but I am set on this one. So I guess we will see and I’ll keep you updated. :-)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That's great that it sounds like you guys found a house! Wow, it sounds really big too! That's also a nice plus that you can get high speed there. We're stuck with really slow dial-up out here :(

If you're thinking northern Minnesota/Duluth area Gooseberry Falls is awesome. I've always wanted to go camping there but I've only been on day trips to it. There's nice trails and waterfalls and there's one trail that follows the river from the falls to Lake Superior that is just beautiful with cliffs and picnic areas. It really looks like the ocean at that spot with the really blue water.

Unknown said...

Sarah, that sounds like a good idea! Maybe we will go there for our little vacation. :-)

Lynsie said...

O yah Jessie... good to hear that Phil liked that house too! :)

Another idea to go is Wisconsin Dells its farther away than Duluth area but theres also a lot of things to do there. More touristy though... just an idea. Me and Josh might go there this summer... maybe.

Unknown said...

We did Wisconsin Dells already and Phil doesn't like water parks and that is the main reason for going. Good idea though! I'd like to go again but not with Phil. lol