Family

Family

41 Weeks!

1:43 PM Posted In Edit This 1 Comment »
Well, I made it to 41 weeks...  I guess around 50% of babies decide to overstay their welcome.  He must be living the good life in there!  I most definitely did not want to be pregnant this long and have to wait an extra week to meet my little man, but I guess I'm happy that he's a little late than way to early.  I'd rather have him chubby and healthy and have to go through another week of misery than have him arrive too soon and have problems.

This last week has been an emotional rollercoaster.  When you get pregnant they should really tell you to take your due date and move it back at least a week so you expect him/her to come late.  Something hits you after you've passed your due date.  You're supposed to be holding your baby, right?  It's all I can think about.  Anything can put me to tears.  Not only that but my body hurts constantly.  If it's not my belly feeling twinges of pain or cramps then it's my pelvis, my bladder, my back or my feet.  Man, these last few weeks of pregnancy are not my favorite!  Good thing Baby K is well worth the pain and waiting.

At my last doc appointment Baby K's heartbeat was 145 and my stomach was measuring a week ahead again.  The doc was going to strip my membranes to try to get things rolling but he couldn't reach.  Huge bummer.  So we decided on a date to induce if Baby K won't come out on his own.  So all I can tell you is that if he doesn't come on his own soon he will be evicted sometime in the next few days.  I really really don't want to have to be induced so I'm praying that he comes on his own.  It makes me feel like a bad mom or something.  Isn't my body supposed to just do what it's supposed to do on its own?

The last few nights have been difficult.  I've been feeling very very restless.  I can be completely exhausted but I don't want to go to bed.  When I finally do fall asleep I wake up at least once per hour and sometimes I just lie there for an hour trying to fall back asleep.  The last two nights I've waken up and wanted to just get up and start cleaning or do something.  But I couldn't think of anything to do so I just laid there until I fell back asleep or went and watched a little TV.  Ugh, these sleepless nights are really getting to me.  I'm hoping the restlessness is a sign that he's coming soon?  But all of the signs that I've had thus far haven't proved anything... 

Hopefully I will get to meet him very very soon.


1 comments:

Rachel said...

You poor thing! Hang in there Jessie.