Family

Family

38 Weeks!

2:42 PM Posted In Edit This 2 Comments »
38 weeks today!  Baby K is about 7 pounds and still growing!  I wouldn't be surprised if he was already more than 7 pounds.  I really can't imagine getting any larger.  But then again I've said that before and I still got bigger...

My co-workers threw me a baby shower over lunch this week.  It was very nice of them to do that!  We went to Pier 500 and I got what I've been craving for weeks now - a BLT!  Baby K got a lot of cute outfits and goodies!  

Work has been extremely stressful these last few weeks.  I've been busier than ever and have not had time to get organized.  But I did manage to train the gal in who is covering for me while I'm on leave.  I just hope I can get a little more organized before I leave.  I would feel much better leaving things in order.

At my last doc appointment Baby K's heartbeat was 133.  Everything is looking good.  I'm still measuring about a week ahead.  The doc didn't do a cervix check so I'm not sure where I'm at.  I'm going to make him check this week!  I'm quite curious to see how things have progressed.  I know I could be effaced and dilated for weeks but knowing my progress will help me get through these last few weeks.  And trust me, I need anything that helps get me through these last few weeks.  I'm soooo ready to meet Baby K and not be pregnant anymore.  

I'm still completely exhausted.  I did find some energy to get a little organizing done this weekend.  I went through more clothes so I'd be sure to have something to wear after baby comes.  I'm glad that the weather is cooling off so I don't have to go through my clothes twice for different seasons!  I just went through my fall/winter clothes.  I also put away all of my summer shoes (except the one pair of sandles that fit) and pulled out all my winter boots.  Baby K is coming just in the nick of time for my favorite season - fall!

Phil and I also went Walmart and grocery shopping and stocked up on stuff.  I feel better now that our pantry is full.  Hopefully I can find some time and energy in the next few days to make some food that we can freeze so after the baby comes we don't have to worry about cooking every day.  But that means finding room in the freezer...  Eh, we'll figure it out.

This heartburn is killing me.  The bigger I get the worse it gets.  It is one of the many reasons why I'm not sleeping at night.  Not sleeping at night is also killing me.  6 out of 7 nights I end up just getting out of bed and watching a little TV because I just can't sleep.  I can't get comfortable, I have to get up to pee 4-5 times and my mind just won't shut off.  Guess my body is just getting me ready for those sleepless nights once baby comes! 

It's crazy to think that it's possible that this could be my last weekly post.  I sure hope it is!!!  But I'm assuming it won't be.  I bet Baby K will want to stay in there until after my due date.


2 comments:

Nikki* said...

I can't believe you're so close!

I'm very excited for you :)

Jessie K said...

Thanks Nikki! Before you know it you will be this far along! It flies by so fast.