Family

Family

37 Weeks!

4:51 PM Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
37 weeks today!  Baby K is now considered full term.  The average baby at 37 weeks is 6.5 pounds so that's roughly how big he is.  This week Baby K is busy rehearsing for his big debut, inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid (to get the lungs ready for that first breath), sucking his thumb (to prepare for that first suckle of milk), blinking, and turning from side to side.  

I'm still feeling very tired and I don't have much energy.  Getting through the work days have been pretty rough lately.  I've been extremely busy at work lately so that does help but I've had no time to get organized for when I leave.  I sure hope I can get things more organized next week because I'd feel very bad leaving things in chaos for the lady taking over my spot while I'm gone.  

I had a doc appointment earlier this week.  I'll have one each week now until Baby K comes.  At this last appointment they tested me for Group B Strep to see if I needed to be on antibiotics during delivery.  I tested negative so that's one less thing to worry about.  Last week was the first week they checked my cervix.  I am 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated.  I understand that I could walk around like that for weeks but any progress is progress right?  I was pleased to hear that things have started.  Baby K's heartbeat was 142.  I still haven't felt any braxtons but I feel a lot of pressure these days.  I also had horrible cramps the other day and I could barely walk.  After sitting down for a little while they went away.  I could be meeting Baby K pretty soon here!!!

Latest craving: nachos, but not just any nachos.  Nachos from Pier 500.  They make the BEST nachos.  Last night Phil and I finally went and got some.  They were freaking delicious but I sure paid for them later when I woke up with the WORST heartburn ever.


0 comments: