Family

Family

Remy's birth story

1:12 PM Posted In , , Edit This 0 Comments »
The day we waited for for 41 weeks and 1 day finally came!  Since the little stinker didn't want to come out on his own I was induced on Monday morning.  We started the pitocin at 8:15 a.m. and 31 long hours later he was here!  Meet Remy Thomas Richard Kasinskas, the little boy who stole his mother's heart:


Waking up Monday morning I was a nervous wreck.  I wished so badly that Remy would come on his own and that I wouldn't have to be induced.  I think knowing that I was going to the hospital to be induced was what was making me so nervous.  I heard getting induced generally makes labor longer and makes your contractions more intense.  They started me on Pitocin at 8:15 a.m.  Around 5:30 p.m. the doctor came to break my water hoping to get things moving a little faster.  Apparently my cervix is way up in Alaska because he had a very difficult time breaking it and it hurt like a mother.  That's not something I'd like to experience again...  After he broke my water my contractions got stronger and some were on top of each other so I eventually got an epidural.  I don't remember exactly when but I think it was around 8 p.m.  After that it was a breeze until the epidural stopped working around 4 a.m.  This was the WORST part.  My contractions hurt like a mother and some were so close together I wouldn't get a break in between.  Man oh man, thinking of those contractions is painful enough.  After 4 hours and them giving me a new epidural I was back to not feeling the contractions.  That lasted for a little while and then stopped working once again.  Mother F!  So back to intense contractions.  While they contemplated other pain management options my body started to get the urge to push.  Apparently there was still a small lip of my cervix over the baby's head so they told me not to push otherwise it would swell up and get worse.  So I had to deal with the intense contractions and focus on not pushing at the same time.  After an hour or two of that the doctor finally said it was time to get the show on the road.  I was scared that pushing would be hard while having contractions but it actually felt much better to push.  After about an hour and a half of pushing and the ring of firery hell he finally came into the world!  Man, what an experience.  I was instantly attached.

After he was out they ran all of their tests and thought his blood sugar was too low so they took him to the nursery for tests.  After 31 hours of labor and a few hours back and forth to the nursery he was all mine.  How is it possible to love someone soooo much?!  I'm so happy he's finally here and I'm thrilled to be his momma.  I could seriously just sit and stare at him all day.

Labor was definitely hard on my body.  I think because I was induced and it lasted 31 freaking hours it is taking longer to bounce back.  I'm finally starting to feel better and feel almost normal.  Well, normal minus the fact that nothing fits me because of this sexy belly.  But Remy is totally worth all the pain and junk in the trunk.

Remy is exactly one week old today and things are going great.  He is such a good baby and is getting cuter by the minute.  How is that possible?  He is a very good eater.  I feel like I'm constantly feeding him.  He's a growing boy!  He seems to know his nights and days (I hope it stays like this) and he lets me sleep more than I thought I would.  Last night he slept for 7 whole hours without eating.  I woke up at 5:30 this morning and was worried because he hadn't cried yet and then I heard him cooing.  What a sweetheart.  I just hope he doesn't grow up too fast.

0 comments: