Family

Family

Remy's Nursery

7:47 PM Posted In , , Edit This 2 Comments »
Remy's nursery:















I think I started Remy's nursery back in May.  The first thing I did was search for ideas online.  After we found out we were having a boy I decided on the "theme" and started my projects.  Picking a theme was the hardest part.  Did I want to go with an actual theme like elephants, birds, cars, etc.?  I decided that just wasn't for me.  So, I decided bright would be our theme.  I wanted all of the accents in his room to be colorful and fun.  Since there was going to be a lot of color here and there I decided to paint the room a neutral color.  And since my favorite neutral color is gray, that's what I chose.  I found a lady's blog where I stole a lot of ideas from.  This was my inspiration for Remy's nursery: inspiration.  

After painting his room I started all of my random projects.  I copied my inspiration's fabric hoop idea and the only thing I really changed was that I painted my hoops white.



I also found an adorable wooden horse at a garage sale for $10 and one of my favorite things in my inspiration's nursery was the red painted horse.  So I copied that idea as well:



My next project was the curtains.  I searched and searched online for the perfect fabric that wouldn't cost me a fortune.  I didn't want anything to busy but it had to have color.  So I went with something simple in a bright light blue.  Sewing them took forever because they are lined but it was well worth it.  I love how they turned out.


My grandma really wanted to make Remy's mobile.  She is very crafty and I knew she would do an excellent job so I let her have her way with them.  I gave her my leftover fabric from the fabric hoops and told her I wanted hot air balloons.  This is what she came up with and I love it:

My last project was his name.  This had to be one of the last projects since we had to pick his name first!  But I knew all along that I was going to buy wooden letters and paint them each a separate bright color.


Technically his room is not 100% complete.  There are still a few small projects I want to do and there are a few items missing from his room that we just don't have yet.  But the jist of it is done and I am happy to share it with you all. :)

2 comments:

Lynsie said...

Great pictures... Seriously looks like from a magazine. Love the finished product!

Jessie K said...

Thanks Loin :)