Family

Family

Things to Look Forward To

11:13 AM Posted In , , , , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Lately what’s been on my mind are all the things I’m looking forward to once I’m no longer pregnant.  The obvious and most important is meeting my little man and becoming a mother.  I can’t stop thinking about what he’s going to look like.  I already love him to pieces. 

Besides Baby K and becoming a mother I’m so looking forward to sleeping on my stomach and back again.  Oh that would be so nice!!!  The things you take for granted. 

I’m also looking forward to sleeping without hip pain.  My poor hips are to the point where they hurt constantly – especially when laying in bed.  So trying to get comfortable at night is a chore.

I’m also looking forward to bending over like normal people.  Depending on how he is situated in my belly sometimes I can’t even bend over all the way.  It will be so nice to be able to pick things up easily again! 

I’m looking forward to wearing my wedding ring again!!!  I haven’t been able to wear it since late June if I remember correctly because my fingers are so swollen.  I thought my fingers were fat before but now…  I can barely even get my hubby’s ring on my finger.  We tried the other day and it fits but it fits real tight.  That’s pretty bad.

I’m also looking forward to no more Charlie horses in the middle of the night (this morning’s was a bad one).  I never used to get Charlie horses until I got pregnant.  So I would assume they would go away after I give birth. 

I’m looking forward to having a Bud Light Lime.  Oh yum!  It’s not like I want to get wasted or anything but having a beer or two whenever I want would be so nice! 

I’m looking forward to wearing normal shoes again and even heels!  My feet are so swollen that I can only wear flip flops.  I can’t even squeeze my feet into my slippers!  One of my favorite things about fall and winter is that I get to wear socks and shoes.  Nothing feels better than putting on a fresh pair of socks!  Baby K will come just in time for that!

I’m looking forward to having clothes that fit me.  While I completely understand that my body is not going to just go back to normal, it will be much easier to find clothes that fit being chubby rather than pregnant.  Towards the end of this pregnancy it has been rather difficult to find clothes that fit.  Most of my shirts fit everywhere except they aren’t long enough because the bottom of my belly pops out.  I’d rather not walk around with my belly hanging out unless I’m at home.  So, my options are limited.  You would think that they would make these maternity shirts extra long for this reason.  It’s funny because I have a very short torso and usually have the problem of my shirts being too long! 

I’m most definitely looking forward to having the constant heartburn go bye-bye.  Waking up at 1:00 a.m. with the worst heartburn is NOT fun. 

I’m looking forward to not having a kick to the ribs or a punch to the bladder.  Those punches to the bladder are the worst!!  I will probably miss him moving around in there when he’s not causing any pain or when he has the hiccups but those painful jabs I sure won’t miss.  

So many things to look forward to!  Less than one month to go!

0 comments: