Family

Family

34 Weeks!

6:51 PM Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
Today I'm 34 weeks and Baby K is still growing like a weed!  He's about 5 pounds and could be as tall as 20 inches by now.  I have no idea how he can be comfortable in there all squished.  Baby K's tiny fingernails have probably reached the tips of his fingers by now.  He is also preparing for his arrival in just a few short weeks!  This week, the protective vernix caseosa (that cheese-like, white, waxy coating that's keeping his skin safe) begins to thicken, ensuring that his birthday suit stays smooth and well-moisturized during D-day.

I've been feeling very moody lately.  I think the fact that I keep getting bigger and nothing fits is really starting to get to me.  My poor self esteem can't get any lower.  But, I keep reminding myself that I'm growing a precious little boy and all of this is worth it.  Even the stretch marks...  Gosh I just can't wait to meet him!!!  It's all I can think about lately.  We're so close!

Today was Baby K's baby shower!!  I sure appreciate everyone who came and  all the gifts.  There is lots of love for this little boy!  Now I just need to go through everything and figure out what we still need.  I think we are planning to get the rest of the stuff we need next weekend.  Then we will be fully prepared in case he decides to come early.  It's hard to believe that it's almost time to meet him!

The dot you see on my tummy is a fly.  Yes, a fly.  We didn't notice it when we took the picture and I was too tired to retake it. 

 

0 comments: