Family

Family

27 Weeks!

1:07 PM Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
Now to week 27.  This is my last week in the second trimester!  Man, this pregnancy is flying by!  It's time to trade in the old crown-to-rump measurement for a new head-to-toe standard.  Baby K is about fifteen inches long.  His weight is creeping up the charts as well, coming in at just over two pounds. Baby K may recognize my voice by now too. :)

Baby K is very active everyday.  Sometimes I feel him just moving around in there and other times I feel like he is kick boxing or something.  His movements don't hurt yet or feel uncomfortable so I still love feeling him moving around.  My weekly report says he's probably had the hiccups on and off but I haven't felt them yet.

I've had baby fever the last few days.  I just can't wait to meet him!  Of course I'm not ready.  I still have a ton of projects left and I don't have everything I need for him.  Plus I suppose he isn't quite ready to come out yet...  Guess I'll wait. :)

My back is my biggest complaint.  The chiropractor really helps but when I'm doing a lot of bending over it gets pretty bad.  But I can't stop living just because I'm pregnant.  I need to get things done around the house - back pain or no back pain.  I just make sure to take breaks when it starts to hurt bad.  

Night time has gotten very uncomfortable.  Last night was particularly the worst.  It seems like any position is uncomfortable.  Every time I wake up something hurts - my hips, my back, my shoulders.  I'm not really sure what to do to make it better.  I might just have 3 more months of being very uncomfortable at night!

Cravings this week have been Chipotle (always a craving), ice cream (also always a favorite) and brownies with frosting.  Anything healthy?  Nope...

This week I finished Baby K's pillows.  I basically just made pillows for his room to add color and different fabrics.  I can now say that I'm no longer afraid of zippers!  I have mastered them!  It only took me until the last pillow to master them.  Oh well.  They are all cute if you don't look too closely at my zipper work.  Now that I know I can sew zipper pillows I want to start sewing pillows for the living room and bedroom!  But, no time for that.  Need to focus on my baby projects first!  

Pillow #1 w/view of the zipper:


Pillow #2

 

 
I also hung all of the fabric hoops this week.  They look very very cute!  But I'm not going to show you yet...  You saw what they look like but you'll have to wait until I'm all finished with his room to see what they look like on the wall.  :)  I can't wait until his room is finished!  I'm hoping to have it done by the end of August.  Then I can spend September just waiting for the little guy to  make his appearance.


I know... this picture was not taken at a good angle.  But Phil is gone all day and I had to take it myself.  This is the best I could do.

0 comments: