Family

Family

24 Weeks!

3:36 PM Posted In Edit This 2 Comments »
I'm 24 weeks today and Baby K is now the size of an ear of corn!  Sweet corn is my absolute favorite summer food so that seems fitting. :)  Baby K is gaining weight steadily at a rate of six ounces per week.  Much of that weight comes from accumulating baby fat, as well as from growing organs, bones, and muscle.  He's packing on the pounds (well, technically ounces)!

I've been feeling ok.  My back has been bothering me a lot this week so I went to the chiropractor early.  That seemed to help.  I also continue to get charley horses in my calves.  Let me tell you, those suck big time!  It might be from a lack of water.  I'm not really sure.  I've also been feeling pretty tired lately and don't have a whole lot of energy.  I'm thinking it's because Baby K is on a growth spurt.  I've also been pretty moody this week.  One minute I'm happy, the next I want to rip your head off.  

I am in full nesting mode still.  I have a million projects in my head that I want done asap but I just can't get them done fast enough.  Yes, I have PLENTY of time but I want it done now!  I just need to remember to do one project at a time and not to stress out about it because we have plenty of time to get everything done.  

The nursery is all painted and looks great.  I would show you a picture but the husband still hasn't put the trim back on the windows.  Plus I'm refinishing the dresser in the nursery at the moment.  Phil and I put it together yesterday and I started to prime it.  The primer was so fumy and made me feel a little dizzy and I was very uneasy about priming while pregnant.  Of course the back of the can says "may cause birth defects".  Great.  Well, I really wasn't priming for that long so everything should be ok.  Phil and I ran to Home Depot today and bought a respirator so I could finish priming.  Pretty bad-ass I know...

 
I am proud to say that I did finish one of my projects this week!  The fabric hoops are all finished and look sooo cute!  I can't wait to hang them on the wall.



2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Please tell me how to do the fabric hoops!!!!!!!

Jessie K said...

They are the easiest thing on the planet to make and are soooo freaking cute! Here's the tutorial: http://www.purlbee.com/swatch-portraits/2007/3/2/swatch-portraits-how-to-do-it.html

The only thing I added was that I spray painted the wood hoops white.