Family

Family

26 Weeks!

11:08 AM Posted In Edit This 3 Comments »
Today I'm 26 weeks and Baby K is the size of a zucchini.  This week his eyes, which until now were developing under fused eyelids, start to open.  He can't see much in my belly of course.

I've been feeling pretty stressed out this week.  I know I have PLENTY of time to get everything done but I want it done now.  There is a ton of things to get done around the house.  I just keep telling myself that it will all get done and I don't need to stress about it.  But that didn't stop my meltdown this morning.  I'm also not sleeping all that great.  We have the AC on but it still feels hot as hell at night which makes it hard to fall asleep.  Luckily I only have to get up 2-3 times a night to pee.  Better than the 5 times a night it was.  I'm sure it will get worse again as I get larger.  I have also been swelling up a lot more.  My hands and feet seem to be swollen all the time now and get way worse when I get hot.  I can barely wear my wedding ring anymore and don't dare to wear it if I'm going to be outside when it's 75+ out.  Anyways... other than being stressed, tired and swollen things are going pretty good.  My appetite has definitely increased.  I feel like I'm constantly hungry.  I'm trying to eat more healthy foods when I get hungry since I eat so much now.  So more fruit, yogurt, veggies, etc. and less ice cream and fat.

Phil and I started our registries this week.  The baby shower invites should be in the mail by now so I thought we'd better get cracking on the registries.  We started at Target assuming that would be the easiest.  Registering for a baby when you've never had a baby before is quite overwhelming!  I don't stinking know what is necessary and what is not!  Good thing I have friends who have babies and can help me tweak the registry later.

Here is a sneak peak of the nursery all painted.  It would look so much better if I could paint the doors and the trim white.  But I don't want to do that for just one room in the house and I'm definitely not redoing the trim in the entire house.  So, it works. It looks better in person.


Here is the dresser I bought for Baby K to refinish myself.
Here's Baby K's dresser all painted!  I think it turned out great.  I love the navy blue.  It will help to man up his room a little. 


Well, I think that's all the sneak peaks you will see of the nursery until it's complete.  There is still a lot to do but I'm slowly working on it.  This morning I put together his storage cube thinger that I bought from Ikea and Phil put together his crib.  All of the big furniture is finally put together and they are in their places.  Only small projects to go!  Many, many small projects... :)


3 comments:

lynsie said...

The dresser turned out good...and the knobs are perfect.

Nikki* said...

Where did you get the dresser? It's super cute! You did a great job on it :)

Jessie K said...

Thanks! Lots of TLC going into this little man's room. I got the dresser from Ikea.