Family

Family

Projects Galore!

9:26 AM Posted In , , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
I feel like I have ants in my pants.  I seriously don’t want to sit here thinking about all of my fun projects that lay ahead.  I want to be doing them.  Now that we know the little one moving around in my belly is a boy I know exactly what I want to do in the nursery.  Since I know what I want to do finally I want to get it started asap!!  Today I’m going to buy the paint and a few things I need for my other projects.  I’m thinking I will start painting his nursery this week and get that out of the way since it’s the least fun project.  Next will be my sewing projects.  I’m going to make burp clothes, boppy covers, pillows and curtains.  Maybe a few other things as well…  Depends on how good I am at this sewing business.  I borrowed my mother-in-law’s sewing machine since I don’t have one and didn’t want to purchase one in case I didn’t like sewing.  If I do end up really enjoying sewing I’ll buy my own at some point.  But for now I’m borrowing hers.  Last night I decided I better get acquainted with a sewing machine again since it has been like 10+ years since I’ve used one.  After a little struggling I finally got it down!  I forgot how easy sewing is!  Now that I’m comfortable with sewing I know the burp clothes will be a synch to make.  Another project I’ll be working on is my fabric hoops which will hang on the wall as decoration.  Here’s a picture (ignore the numbers): 

I got this idea from a random lady’s blog as I was searching ideas for a nursery.  I’m in love with her nursery and I’m going to attempt to have my little man’s turn out similar to hers.  Anyways, back to the fabric hoops.  I need to find a bunch of different, fun, colorful fabrics first.  So hopefully I can get to Joann’s soon so I can start that project as well!  I have other projects in mind but we'll see how these go first.  Man I just can’t wait!  I bet my favorite parts of the nursery will be all of my home-made touches!

0 comments: