Family

Family

Boy or Girl?

9:20 AM Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »
Yesterday was our 20 week ultrasound.  I was definitely beaming yesterday in anticipation of seeing Baby K and finding out the sex.  Phil was kind of nervous.  I took the afternoon off work so I could fully enjoy the experience.  I met Phil for lunch and then we headed to our appointment.  The doc explained what everything was in great detail and said that everything looked great.  Then he found baby’s butt and instantly I knew – Baby K is as BOY!  There was no mistaking the gender.  I seriously couldn’t believe I guessed wrong but I was so happy.  Baby K is very healthy and is measuring 3 days ahead of schedule.  He was moving around quite a bit and kept putting his hands by his face and was sucking his thumb.  Even though he kept moving around we still got a few good pictures of him.  I won’t be posting them but they sure are cute!  After we walked out of the appointment Phil says “that’s right!” with a big smirk on his face.  Haha why is it that men are so proud to: A. get their wives knocked up; and B. procreate a male?

I called my mom on the way home because I promised she would be the first to know.  She was very happy to hear that she is having a grandson and can’t wait to meet him.  I also called my brother.  I told him to guess if he was having a nephew or niece and of course he guesses nephew.  He was very excited to hear that it was a boy as well!  Then I told my Monday crew.  Or I should say I was planning on telling my Monday crew.  Phil decided to spoil the secret before everyone got there.  But at least all of the girls were there to hear the news.  It’s obvious that Phil is excited about having a boy!  We are both very happy and can’t wait to meet him!

0 comments: