Family

Family

Willing to do anything...

8:32 AM Posted In Edit This 1 Comment »
I am very indecisive… I have been going back and forth and all over the place with this house hunting business. I so badly want to buy a house that I find that I’m willing to do almost anything, even live in town. Yes, I said I would be willing to live in town. Me? The one who always said I would never buy a house in town?! I seriously need to compose myself and think about this. What is more important? Buying a house now just because I want one right now? OR Waiting until the right one comes along (even if it means waiting another year or so)? I know what you are thinking, what about the $8,000?! I don’t care about the $8,000. To be honest, I’m not even thinking about that. My guess is that the price of houses will drop 25% after this $8,000 deal from the government goes away. Either way, I don’t care. I have made myself stop and think about this. No, I don’t want to give up my dreams about buying a house out in the country. And no, I’m not willing to buy just any cheap house out in the country. I don’t need a huge house or anything. I just want something with character and a little land and privacy. I have now come back down to reality and am no longer living on cloud 9. We will wait until the right house comes along. No matter how long that takes. Maybe I’ll find it tomorrow or maybe I will find it in a year from now, whatever. Plus, if we wait I’ll be able to save more money and maybe I’ll be earning more money and we could afford something in a higher price range. I have saved a crazy amount of money in the last 5 months. If we don’t have a house within the next 6 months then I can double that. Now that would be awesome. That is all for now... just wanted to tell you all how desperate I was. Glad I snapped out of it.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I think waiting for the right house would be best. You wouldn't want to buy a house and end up wishing you hadn't. Oh, and there's a house down the road from me that's on sale out here in the country. It has lots of land, privacy, and the house itself is beautiful! (big old victorian style that they actually moved to the land out here). But then you would live far away from everyone else like I do :(