Family

Family

Update

9:19 AM Posted In , , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Sorry it has been a while since I have written a decent blog. I have been a very busy lady the last few weeks with homework and life. Plus, I don’t really have much to talk about. Let’s start with an update of what happened last week. Phil and I had another date night at the Orchard last Friday night. It is incredibly nice to have a decent restaurant within a few miles of our house. Then Saturday we went over to Phil’s mom’s house where we had a family picnic. Phil’s sister, Val was in town (she lives in Portland) and she brought her boyfriend Eduardo over with her so we could all meet him. Eduardo is from Peru and he speaks Spanish. He does speak English fairly well but I can’t always understand him. lol Val speaks Spanish too and I can’t understand a word they are saying when they start talking. Overall the picnic was very nice. Lots of great food and family. :) I have become very fond of my future in-laws. I’m hoping I can get Phil talked in to taking a vacation in February and going up to Portland to visit both of his sisters. We both need a vacation and it would be nice to see his sisters again. Plus we have never been to Portland and I have heard it is very pretty over there. Anyways, then on Sunday we did a little shopping in Woodbury and then headed to the Minnesota State Fair. I gained like two pounds from all the food we ate but it was worth it! We had gyros, cheese curds, ice cream, and of course cotton candy. You can never go to the fair and not get cheese curds or cotton candy! Then we met up with some friends and headed over to see the talent show. Phil and I only stayed for half of it because I could tell it wasn’t Phil’s thing. I think next year we will skip the fair. Maybe do it every other year or something. I just don’t like all the people! It was jam packed and you could barely walk around! Then Monday came along and I went on a little shopping trip with my friend Jewells. It feels like it has been forever since I last went shopping! I got a cute new necklace (which I am wearing right now), a couple new pairs of earrings, two zip up hoodies (both under 8 bucks!), 2 new pairs of pajama bottoms (because Phil HATES my comfy sweat pants), a free pair of undies from Victoria Secret, and a pretty new shirt for work. Then Tuesday it is back to work… and now it is finally Friday. :) Last night Phil and I went and looked at 5 houses. 2 were in Hammond and 3 were in Baldwin. I liked 2 of the houses that were in Baldwin and Phil only liked the 1 and only house I hated. This whole house hunting thing is going to take forever since Phil and I have completely different taste. He hates split level houses, and I don’t really care, it doesn’t bother me one bit. If we are going to buy in town we want a newer house and pretty much all the new houses in our price range are split level. Tonight Phil and I are going to go to the Hammond Hotel. I like going to the small town restaurants. Then Saturday and Sunday I have no plans! I’m so excited to be able to do whatever I want! Except for the fact that I have to do homework. But I’ve only got one more week after this weekend! Then I finally get a tiny break! What else do I have to talk about…. you know, I can’t really think of anything else at the moment. I guess that is all for now.

0 comments: