Family

Family

Visit

4:28 PM Posted In , , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
So my mom came to visit this last weekend. I don't get to see her much since she currently lives in Fargo. She came down on Friday night and left Sunday morning. Friday night we just ate some dinner and relaxed. Surprisingly she fell asleep on the couch before me and I made it until 9:30! Heck yeah! 9:30 is late for me when I’m just sitting at home. I usually go to bed between 8:00-8:30! This baby sure tuckers me out.

Saturday morning my mom was looking for something crafty to do. I’ve been saving a project for her since I knew she would want to do something like that while she is here. If you don’t know my mom then you would probably find this weird that I put her to work while she visits but she likes to do this kind of stuff. She can’t wait to help me with the baby’s room. But like I’ve said before, we can’t get started on that quite yet. Anyways my crafty project for her was to reupholster our bench that sits on the end of our bed so the little dogs can jump up on the bed. The top was completely ruined by Winston jumping on it and putting holes in it (and it was kind of ugly). I had the fabric picked out already and I was going to attempt to do this project on my own but then she said she was coming to visit so I thought I’d save it for her – since she has reupholstered many items before! Plus, I wasn’t sure if I’d even be able to do it right since I’ve never done that before. Anyways, here’s my new bench! It makes the room look so much cuter! I just love it.





After our craft project (I just watched) we headed to Hudson for some lunch and grocery shopping. My mom wanted to make us all a yummy dinner and since it was so nice outside she decided on steaks on the grill. My brother and Ashley came over Saturday evening and we just hung out on our ½ built deck and then had a fabulous dinner with the works – steak, baked potato, salad, French bread, and pie. Yum yum! Baby likes steak!


Sunday morning we slowly got up and then my mom left. She had a 5ish hour drive home and needed to be home around 2:00. I can’t wait for when she can come and help me with the baby’s room. My mom’s side of the family is so crafty and they have so many great ideas! Hopefully someday I’ll be just as crafty…

0 comments: