Family

Family

Yellow Balls

6:41 AM Posted In Edit This 3 Comments »
Yesterday morning when I woke up I looked at Winston’s “special area” to make sure everything was looking okay and his balls looked yellow and they sure didn’t look like that the night before! I instantly knew that that wasn’t normal. I took a picture of it but I’ll save you from having to see it – it’s pretty gross. He was also acting weird – all depressed and mopy, didn’t want to do anything but sit or lay down and he panicked when he had to pee or poop. So I called the vet right away and the technician said it sounded like he had an infection and he should probably come in but she would have the vet who did the surgery call me back and tell me what to do. So I went to work and a little while later she called and said she wants to see him and that she is sure he has an infection. So, we made an appointment for that afternoon. The vet was surprised to see how bad it was and gave us two different antibiotics, more pain pills and a topical spray to spray on his balls. She said that she is glad we didn’t wait any longer to bring him in because they would have had to do surgery again to get the puss out of there, etc. They also gave us a different thing to put around his neck to protect him from licking, which looked like a life jacket because he kept scraping his balls with his cone. I asked if he would be able to still lick his balls with the life jacket looking thing and she said she would be very surprised if he could. While at the vet, he didn’t try to lick them but right when we get home, lo and behold, he could reach his balls… dammit. So we had to put the cone back on and tape the edges so they weren’t so rough in case he decided to scrap his balls again while trying to get to them. I feel so bad for my Winnie Winston! He has to take these meds and wear his cone for 7-10 days. I can’t wait for him to be back to his normal self. It breaks my heart to hear him cry.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Poor Winston's yellow balls :(

Lynsie said...

Ooo poor puppy!! :(

Sarah said...

Poor Winston :(