Family

Family

Yard work

12:05 PM Posted In , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Over the weekend I went to the farm and started on the garden (the background of our wedding ceremony). I got there a little before 9 a.m. and shortly after me, my Aunt Laura showed up to help. We started pulling weeds and wishing my brother would wake up so he could come out and pull all the trees. Not too long after we started he came out, got the skid steer and we pulled all the “weed” trees out. The only picture I will show you at this point is most of the trees we pulled - and this isn’t all of them.



I don’t want to give away the surprise until the project is done! So, Justen pulled all the bigger trees and then had to leave. Pretty soon after he left my wonderful friends Josh and Loin showed up to help. Josh shoveled up the rest of the small trees for me and the rest of us pulled plants out of the ground and weeded the entire garden. After 5 hours of work and a nice burn line, I decided to call it quits for the day. The hard part is now done and it should be much easier to finish the project. I can't wait until it's done and I can see how much better it looks.

After all the yard work on Saturday Phil and I started our yard work at home. I mowed our grass for the first time (and the first time in my life!). So I developed a burn on top of my burn from the day before. After the yard work I ran to Hudson to get groceries and some suntan lotion so next time I won't burn. ;) But it's all good, when I woke up this morning most of my burn had already turned into a tan! My first tan of the season. I love summer. :)

0 comments: