Family

Family

Still waiting

9:47 AM Posted In , , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Well we were supposed to hear back about the house by Wednesday and we have not. I wasn’t horribly disappointed that we didn’t hear back by Wednesday because I know that since it is a short sale, the process takes much longer than usual (sometimes up to 6 months!). We were forewarned that even though we asked for the acceptance date to be a week after our offer was submitted, we probably wouldn’t hear back by then. We do however know that things are moving forward. We know that the owner of the house has accepted our offer. The bank has also forwarded us more documents to sign as well that protect them. So right now we just wait.

It has been very hard to wait! I need to call my landlord about us moving out but I don’t know for sure when that will be so I’m delaying in calling him. However, they need to know at least 30 days in advance so I need to call them soon but I don’t have any sort of answer yet! I guess I just need to hope that they will be open about the move-out time.

There are a ton of things that we need to do and we can’t until we know we are for sure getting the house. We need to buy a lot of expensive things that are necessary for the house. The house doesn’t have a washer and dryer, we need a lawn mower and we just found out the other day that the current owner’s brother took the fridge. Those are probably the only things that we will need right when we move in but those are four very expensive items!

Another thing that has made it very hard to wait is that I want to start packing! I love moving!!! I get to go through all of my stuff and throw away things that I don’t use/need any more. Unpacking all your stuff in a new house is an amazing feeling! You get to start fresh!

A few of the things I am most looking forward to: (1) getting Winston (golden retriever puppy), (2) getting a porch swing; (3) getting a decent grill and being able to grill out during the summer, (4) being able to paint the walls, (5) being able to have both of us park in a garage so I don’t have to park in the street anymore; and (6) going home to something that is mine!

0 comments: