Family

Family

Should have known

7:32 AM Posted In , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Yesterday evening my little brother, Justen and I moved my older brother, Chris into his new place. First we had to go pick up his piano from his old house so we could move it to his new place. My brother Justen asked a few of his buddies to help us move the piano (since they weigh a ton). So Justen, Chris, Mark (the hired help) and Al (Justen’s friend) left to go get the piano. About two seconds after we leave they ask if I brought my wallet. Of course I did! And a second later I realized what they meant… we were going to go bar hopping after this was all over. Guess I should have known.

Anyways, we get to the first house and realized the piano weighs more than we thought. Eventually we got it into the trailer and were off to the new place. We walked in and right away said this piano is definitely not going to fit. So we ended up deciding to burn it. Don’t worry the piano was in pretty rough shape anyways!

So, after we got Chris all unloaded then we were off to the bar. First we stopped at L&Ms in Roberts. I have never been there. We pull up and there were probably 50+ bikers at the bar. Sweet, I feel like I’m going to get my ass kicked. Then I started to recognize a few of them. A lot of them were my dad’s friends so we chatted with them. After a few we were off to bar number 2, the Pheasant Hills Golf Club. There we had a few more and had some pizza. Then Justen said that the drive home from Hammond to Baldwin is just too far so we need to stop at one more bar on the way, Razz’s. So we stopped at Razz’s and proceeded to have a few more.

I know it’s pathetic but that was my first real bar hopping experience. Usually we go to Hudson and park and then walk between Dick’s and Ellies. I wasn’t prepared to be going bar hopping after moving Chris but I guess I should have expected it! All in all it was a good night! It’s not very often that I get to hang out with my brother. :-)

0 comments: