Family

Family

So much to do, so little time

7:39 AM Posted In , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
I thought this past weekend would be a free weekend to relax. It wasn’t. I ended up being busy the entire time. Friday after work was the inspection at the house. It went very well. There is nothing major wrong with the house. There are just little cosmetic things that there would be in any house. The only larger issue is that the house was sitting unused for about a year and a half. So, Phil and I have to clean the pipes or something because there is sediment in the drains and they don’t have much pressure. But the inspector guy said it’s no biggie – just clean them out. Then after we got done inspecting the house we headed home and started major packing. We took all the pictures off the wall and most decorations are in boxes. Our house looks very blank/boring and it is a disaster area. There are boxes everywhere and random crap everywhere.

Saturday I got up and started the process all over again. More packing and random cleaning. We still have a long way to go. You can see where all the pictures were on the wall because they are much whiter. You can even see Family written out from where my little Family sign was. Guess we are washing all the walls too. After a day of packing and cleaning Phil and I went to “Fun Fest” in New Richmond to spend time with his friends. It was the typical Wisconsin town’s festival with the beer tent, band and random hicks. Some people are unbelievable. But we all had a good time. It was fun to hang out with his friends. In the last 7 years I’ve been with Phil, I haven’t really gotten to know his friends very well. I kind of regret that because I really like them!

Sunday Phil and I got up and went fridge shopping. We made many many stops and I was happy to have spent no money. …Until we hit Best Buy. There I made a very expensive impulse purchase. I wasn’t planning on buying a washer and dryer until after we closed on the house – just because this could all fall through at the last minute. But I couldn’t pass up a good deal. So now we won’t have to go to Phil’s mom’s house to wash our clothes! Yippy! Back to the reason we went shopping – a fridge. We found 2 that we liked but Phil and I disagree on which one we should get. But after talking about it we decided to get the one that I think is a better deal. So tonight I have to go purchase it and spend more money. :( This is a lot of money to spend over one weekend and it is kind of freaking me out but we definitely stayed well under our budget for the fridge, washer and dryer… so that makes me feel a little better.

Now it’s Monday and I only have to work 3 days this week! Yay! Thursday, bright and early, we are off to Chicaaaggooooo! I’m so excited to get away from this town and all the bullshit that’s going on and relax with all my wonderful friends! Should be a good time! I’m just hoping for good weather.

0 comments: