Family

Family

Chicaaaagoo!

11:01 AM Posted In , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Sorry everyone but I’m going to have to blog without pictures. Currently my new computer is being a pain in the butt and things are just too busy to be able to go through my pictures as of right now. Maybe I’ll get around to adding pictures at a later date.

Some of you have already blogged about the Chicago trip but I’ll just add my experience, which was pretty much the same minus the raccoon incident. Haha. ;) Anyways, we left Thursday at 6 in the morning, well 6:30 because it took a while to get the cars packed up. We all had too much stuff. You wouldn’t think you would need so much stuff when you go camping but I guess you do! We managed to get everything in the car except Jewells and Max’s cooler. Then off we were. The drive down was actually very quick. It didn’t seem like we were in the car for that long. Right when we arrived we pitched our tents and got our campsite all put together. We ended up getting down there at the hottest part of the day so we were all dripping in sweat by the time we were done! That was not fun. But after we got everything set up we got some lunch and went to the beach. The water was freeezzzinng cold! But it felt so good to cool off. Us girls were only able to run in and right out that first day. I think they said the water was about 37 degrees… something like that. Brrrr. After our beach time we played cards, bags and just hung out around the fire.

The next day was beach day. Again, it was extremely hot but the water felt much warmer. I could actually go in and not have my feet go numb right away. We spent most of the day at the beach and at the camp site. More card games, bags, drinks and fire.

The third day we were off to Chicago. It was yet another scorching hot day. Too hot for me to be out walking around all day. I almost couldn’t take it. Everyone was a little more irritable than usual. But minus the heat it was a good time. We walked around Millennium Park, did a little shopping, got some pizza and walked down Navy Pier. We picked a crazy day to go to Chicago because they were filming Transformers 3 – my favorite movies! The streets were packed and they blocked off the main roads for filming. We didn’t get very close but you could see parts of the movie set and helicopters flying around filming. At one point they had explosions going off. I was slightly bummed that I didn’t get to get a closer look but I figured I was probably the only one really interested in seeing it. It will be interesting to watch the movie now and see the sets that we saw from a distance!

Day number 4 was another beach day. The day started off nice and cool and it actually sprinkled out for about 30 minutes. After that it went right back into the 90s. We had another day of card games, ladder golf and drinks around the fire.

Then Monday we all got up, started packing up our shit and were on the road. I want to say it is good to be home, but it isn’t. Now it is back to the real world. :-( Back to waking up at 6, going to work for 9 hours, packing and cleaning until at least 9, and then doing it all over again. We only have 4 more nights at our apartment! Yippy!! It also looks like the weather will be nice this weekend which is good because we plan on going tubing down the Apple River. I’ve never been so I’m pretty excited.

0 comments: