Family

Family

More wedding talk

9:28 AM Posted In , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Another wedding blog people… I’m sorry but it’s the only thing I have to talk about! Last weekend, my Aunt Laura and grandma came over to see the house. After the tour and a little bit of chatting we decided to head over to the farm to check out the ceremony site for the wedding so Laura could get some ideas. Laura is very into gardening. She is in a garden club and most of her front yard is a garden and it’s beautiful. I fully trust her gardening tips. When we got to the farm and she instantly got tons of ideas and saw all the potential. The farm isn’t horrible… it is just overgrown and all the goods are hiding underneath all the crab grass and weeds. This weekend I plan on going to the farm to finish painting the dining room and then I’m going to start weeding. Laura plans to come out to the farm next weekend and we are going to start the madness. I’m excited but at the same time I’m extremely overwhelmed. It sounds easy but I know it is going to be a lot of hard work. But all the hard work will be well worth it in the end because we will have a beautiful ceremony site that means a lot to me and Justen gets to have a nice looking yard after the wedding is over.

I also started my fabric flowers last night. It took me a few hours just to trace 10 flowers and cut out 8. After cutting out 8 my hand cramped up so I couldn’t finish the last 2. Only 52 more to cut out and then I have to sew them all! This is another project that is going to take me a while but it will be well worth it when it’s done. I like that I’m adding something to our wedding that I did myself.

All this gardening and crafting talk is making me really feel like a Tuomala finally! By that I mean my mother’s side of the family. They are all very crafty, talented and love to garden. Someday I hope to be half as crafty and talented as they are!

We also finalized our invitations and our guestlist and Rachel is going to start making them. She is coming to Wisconsin in the middle of June and plans to bring the finished product with her. So, hopefully all of the invites will be out by the end of June. This whole wedding experience seems to be flying by so fast! I can’t wait until the big day is here and I get to marry my best friend in the whole world! Then we get to start having babies! :-) :-)

0 comments: