Family

Family

Fun DIY Project

11:10 AM Posted In , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
So I got this cool idea from Rachel and Val to make flowers out of felt or fabric for the wedding. I was looking for a way to incorporate our colors (gray and yellow) more so fabric flowers would be perfect. I plan to use them on the tables as part of the centerpieces. I did some searching on the internet to find something that I liked. I have to make a ton of them so I had to make sure they were easy and not too time consuming. Here is one of the tutorials I found and I’m going to give it a whirl. I can’t stinkin wait to get over to Joann’s Fabrics to pick out cute gray and yellow fabric and start making flowers!


Here is the tutorial:

Get a strip of fabric about 37×7


Fold it in half.


You are going to cut out a bunch of these petals. Here’s what they look like. You really don’t need a template. Real flower petals all vary, right? I also don’t use any fabric stiffner because I like the movement of the fabric, again, like real flowers.


Here’s what the petals look like open.


Start by making larger ones and get progressively smaller. Not too small, though. For a large flower, you will need about 15 petals. Begin stacking them as shown.


Here’s what it looks like when they are all stacked.


Now get a needle and thread and pull the first stitch through the middle.


Stitch a small ‘x’ so everything is in place well.


Now that everything is secure, we are just going to form the flower more. I fold it in half and stitch it through.


Then after that I fold in half again and make another stitch through.


Here’s what it looks like after those steps.


After that, tie it off in the back.


You can add to it whatever you want to attach it. You can buy pins and glue it on, you can use a safety pin, a barrette, whatever you want. You can also add fun things to the center like a pearl, a diamond, a fabric center, a button- anything.


Here’s the pink one I did.


Doesn't this look easy!!! It would obvioulsy take a while to make 70-100 of them but I have 4 months to make them and maybe even my wonderful, awesome bridesmaids might help me a little... ;) ;)

0 comments: