Family

Family

Update on the house

11:07 AM Posted In Edit This 2 Comments »
It has been 5 months since we put our offer in on the house. 5 months and we still don’t know if it is ours! Man, this short sale business is stressful! I haven’t talked about it in a while so I thought I’d bring it up. At least we are in the house and renting it for the time being. I talked to the realtor for the seller a few weeks ago and she said that the claim against the title company is no longer an issue. Apparently that was resolved and it has now been submitted to the bank. She also mentioned that someone will need to do a walk through at the house – I’m guessing to give it a value so the bank knows how much it is worth. So, hopefully I’ll have some good news within the month. Phil and I are slowly getting the house to the way we want it. We are going slowly just in case we end up losing the house and we don’t want to waste our time, energy and money. We have painted two rooms, one being our bedroom and I just put up the curtains last night! It looks sooo good. I’m so happy with the way it turned out. The curtains really pull it all together. All I need to do is hang up the pictures/art and the room is complete! One room down – all the rest to go. I’m hoping that the house is ours by Christmas. That’s only 3 months away! Holy crap, I didn’t realize how soon winter and the holidays are coming!! Hopefully within the coming weeks/months I will have good news. :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I really hope that you get this resolved soon and can officially call that beautiful house yours!

Lynsie said...

Hopefully! :) That sure would be a good Christmas gift. Then you two could start the new year off with a house that is fully yours!! We'll be keeping our fingers crossed!!