Family

Family

The good and the bad of 2009

12:28 PM Posted In , , , , , , Edit This 1 Comment »
I want to start off with the very end of 2008 because it was so wonderful and it feels like it was part of this year!

In the beginning of December, 2008 Phil and I went to the US Virgin Islands to be a part of my very good friends wedding. We had a wonderful time and I wish I was there in the sun right now.

After the trip we celebrated Christmas and New Years with friends and family.

2009 started off on a very good note. I got a promotion at work (yay!). I went from being a receptionist at a law firm to being a paralegal.

Other than that I just spend lots of time with family and friends.

I made many trips up to the Brainerd area to visit my mom, sister, aunts and other family. The drive is never fun but it is always worth it.

There were some nice trips over to my dad’s shop to hang out with him while I changed the oil in my car and gave it a bath.

My friends and I continued our Monday nights and we had our annual weekend at the cabin. We also had a ladies night in Minneapolis and many more nights out at the bars/clubs.

Phil and I started a Friday night date night, which we don’t get to every single weekend, but most. Phil and I also started our hunt for a house! We haven’t found anything we want to buy yet but we are in the process of it and hopefully in 2010 we will find the one.

A few really good movies came out. The best were Transformers, Revenge of the Fallen & New Moon.

My friend Jewells and I went to two Coldplay concerts!

For my birthday in October I got a new tattoo, which I love.

December 5, 2009 my dad passed away.

2009 started off pretty good and was a somewhat good year and then December came and it was ruined. This horrible event will mark 2009 as the worst year of my life. I can only hope that in 2010 things get easier and start to turn around.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Even though most of 2009 was good for you up until the past month I hope that 2010 will be amazing. I really do think that there will be big changes (for the better) this year :)