Family

Family

Taco Pasta II

10:26 AM Posted In Edit This 2 Comments »


Another pinterest find!  I'm calling this Taco Pasta II because I have a different version of taco pasta that I already make.
 
Ingredients 
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 box medium pasta shells  
  • 1 small onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained (I used Ro-tel mild)
  • 1 packet (4 tablespoons) taco seasoning
  • 3 ounces cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
  • Salt and pepper
Directions
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to the package directions. Set aside.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet or sauté pan, cook the ground meat and onions over medium-high heat. Add in the diced tomatoes, garlic, 1 cup water and taco seasoning and let simmer over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes.

Stir in the cooked pasta, cream cheese and sour cream. Continue stirring until the cream cheese is melted and the sauce is well blended. Simmer for a few minutes over medium heat to reduce the sauce, if needed.

Toss in the cilantro right before serving for some fresh color and flavor, if desired. 



I didn’t follow the directions 100%.  I basically made the taco sauce with the sour cream and cream cheese and poured it over the noodles like you would do with spaghetti.  And next time I’ll use salsa instead of a can of diced tomatoes.  I think that will give it more flavor.  We also added shredded cheese on top.  Oh yum!  Not too shabby if I may say so myself!  :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I made this last night too! And I agree about the salsa. We just added it to our plates and mixed it in.

Lynsie said...

Yum that sounds delicious. I'm gonna have to try this!