Family

Family

September 16, 2011

2:42 PM Posted In , , Edit This 2 Comments »

Well, it’s decided. Phil and I are getting hitched on September 16, 2011. We are going to have the ceremony at my dad’s farm. Main reason, it means a lot to me. I grew up there, I miss the farm and I also miss my dad and know “he will be there” in his own way. I’m going to help my brother, Justen clean the farm up. It doesn’t need much – just a little TLC. :-) After my mom left about 6 years ago, the farm started to look a little run down. There were no more pretty plants around the house and a nice garden. Nope, everything is overgrown because skank (dad’s skank wife) was too lazy to do anything. Okay, I’m getting a little off track - back to the topic at hand. The ceremony will be at my dad’s farm and the reception will be at The Orchard in Baldwin. I’m quite excited! Now that the date is set, the locations for the ceremony and reception are decided and booked, I can finally look forward to this magical day (well, as magical as Phil and I get)! The only problem is that the photographer I chose is not available on the date we had to switch it to. :’( This is a very sad thing because I liked her a lot! Now I need to find a new photographer. Stupid. But, she recommended a few other photographers and the one I like the best is still available. Hopefully she will be the one! Anyways, now I can breathe a little and slowly work on other things like the invites and the decorations. :-) And next month I’m taking my girls to go dress shopping!! Now that’s something to be excited for!!! Whoot Whoot!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations again! It must feel great to know the when and where of your planning.
I feel like I'm missing out on so much with never being up there :( Hopefully we can all get together for New Years?!

Unknown said...

Yes that would be nice!!! It has been forever since we last saw you!! :(