Family

Family

Christmas Time

9:04 AM Posted In , , Edit This 0 Comments »
I had a wonderful Christmas this year but I’m sure glad it’s over! I started my Christmas out with my Monday crew. We had a little potluck and exchanged presents the Monday before Christmas. Great way to start out the holidays I must say! I got a pretty scarf and earrings from Loin (thanks again Loin:))! It was so cute watching Sammie open her presents and seeing what both her and Dex got for Christmas!

On Christmas Eve morning I went to the farm and went through paint colors with my brother. We (well, mostly just me – painting party anyone?) are painting the entire inside of the house. There will be no old paint colors left standing when I’m through with it! Justen and I were not going to do presents this year but when I was shopping I found something I knew he would love and I just had to buy it. I love watching people open presents! After hanging out for a bit and picking a few paint colors, Justen took off to Menards and I went home to clean the house and get ready for Christmas Eve.

Phil and I had his mom and grandparents over on Christmas Eve and made some yummy food and opened more presents. Then after his family left we both decided we were too excited to wait until Christmas Day to open our presents so we opened them that night. It is my family’s tradition to open presents on Christmas Eve and then open our stockings on Christmas Day morning. I’d like to stick with this tradition but Phil doesn’t like it. Anyway, Phil opened his presents and I opened mine. I got him a new chair for his office (the one he wanted from Ikea) and then a few little things. He got me surround sound for my TV upstairs and lots of little things. I think we were both very happy with our gifts this year!

Christmas morning we lounged around the house and then got ready to go our separate ways. Phil went to his mom’s house for Christmas with that side of the family and I went to my Aunt Laura’s house for my mom’s side of the family. Once we have kids we won’t be able to go our separate ways anymore! Christmas with my mom’s side was very nice. I missed everyone and it was very nice to see them all again. I hadn’t seen most of them since last December! The cousins are getting so big! It is weird because now we are all adults drinking beer around the table instead of running around shooting each other with darts or causing some sort of ruckus like when we were kids!

The day after Christmas, Phil and I drove up with Justen and his girlfriend, Ashley to my Aunt Barb’s house to have Christmas with my dad’s side of the family. Again, weird that everyone is grown up!! We had a good time, enjoyed a few mimosas, good food and the annual dice game. When Phil and I got home we took down everything Christmas (except for the outside lights). I usually leave it up until New Years but I just was so done with Christmas and I wanted my living room back. So, all in all it was a very good Christmas this year – much better than last year. I’m hoping that the snow storm I’ve been hearing about doesn’t ruin our New Years Eve. We plan on going out to downtown Hudson.

My new year’s resolution: to cook more (and that doesn't mean spaghetti ;)).

0 comments: