Family

Family

x-mas

9:50 AM Posted In , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Finally, Christmas is over! Yay! Well, almost… still a few more celebrations to go.

The only parts of Christmas I still like are seeing family (but not having to chose between who to go see since they are usually on the same day) and giving people their presents. The Monday before Christmas our Monday crew did presents for the Monday crew kiddos. I just love buying presents for them and watching them open them!! They are finally getting to the age that they know what presents are and they like opening them. Hopefully next year there will be 4 more kids. ;)

Christmas Eve Phil and I had his mom and grandma over for dinner. I made a yummy pork roast with mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, buns, etc. We had the whole works except instead of pie we had ice cream. :) After hanging out for a bit they went home and Phil and I opened presents. Phil got me a mini laptop and I was completely surprised. I can usually guess what he got me and I had no idea. But I’m very happy with it. My old laptop was about 8 years old and was a monster. So it was time for an update. I got Phil a Kindle Fire and I’m excited to see how it works. Hopefully he will get a lot of use out of it.

Christmas morning I headed to Brainerd alone to spend time with my mom’s side of the family. I haven’t seen them the last two years for Christmas so I thought I would skip my dad’s side this year and go up there. It was definitely good to see everyone but I missed my dad’s side and being in the car for 6 hours that day wasn’t my favorite thing. But I fully enjoyed seeing my little sister open all her presents! She is so darn cute and she loved the zebra backpack that I got her and the cupcake shirt.

Friday I’m celebrating Christmas with my Monday crew. We are all going to a comedy club for dinner and a show. I don’t think any of us have done that before so it should be a fun new experience!! I can’t wait!

Last but not least, next week I’m having a little “Christmas” with my brother and his girlfriend. We are just going to go out for dinner. Nice and simple - just the way I like it. :)

0 comments: